Resources and References
(1) L’Hoir MP, Engelberts AC, van Well GTJ, et al. Risk and preventative factors for cot death in The Netherlands, a low-incidence country. Eur J Pediatr. 1998;157:681–688
(2) Thach, Brad. Tragic and sudden death. Potential and proven mechanisms causing sudden infant death syndrome. Science and SocietyViewpoint. EMBO Rep. 2008 Feb; 9(2): 114–118
(3) CDC, Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, October 3, 2016 (https://www.cdc.gov/sids/aboutsuidandsids.htm).
(5) Bar-Yishay E, Gaides M, Goren A, Szeinberg A. Aeration properties of a new sleeping surface for infants. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2011;46(2):193–198 342. Colditz PB, Joy
(6) Carolan PL, Wheeler WB, Ross JD, Kemp RJ. Potential to prevent carbon dioxide rebreathing of commercial products marketed to reduce sudden infant death syndrome risk. Pediatrics 2000;105;774
(7) Colditz PB, Joy GJ, Dunster KR. Rebreathing potential of infant mattresses and bedcovers. J Paediatr Child Health. 2002;38(2):192–195 343.
(8) James N Carleton, Ann M Donoghue, Warren K Porter. Mechanical model testing of rebreathing potential in infant bedding materials. Arch Dis Child 1998;78:323–328
(9) James S. Kemp, Rose M. Kowalski, RN, Phillip M. Burch, MD, Michael A. Graham, MD, Bradley T. Thach, MD. Unintentional suffocation by rebreathing: A death scene and physiologic investigation of a possible cause of sudden infant death. J Paediatr. June 1993Volume 122, Issue 6, Pages 874–880.